Reports To: Head Beekeeper
Summary: The Beekeeper will care for bee colonies and maintain hive equipment to sustain the health of the honeybee colonies and to promote maximal honey production.
· Assemble brood chambers and honey supers from provided parts.
· Scrape out and repair previously used brood chambers and honey supers.
· Prepare splits of existing hives to produce new hives.
· Mix bee feed and treatments to specified recipes.
· Inspect hives for signs of disease, damage, starvation, or other threats.
· Provide general care and maintenance of bee hives and bee yards.
· Apply feed or treatments to hives in specified manner.
· Add and remove honey supers from hive at appropriate intervals.
· Operate extraction equipment to remove honey from supers.
· Load hives in trucks or trailers for transport of hives to new bee yards.
· Perform other miscellaneous tasks as necessary.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs to chest height.
· Must be able to traverse over uneven ground carrying equipment.
· Must be able to inspect beehives from all angles.
· Must be able to work outdoors and in uninsulated warehouse year-round.
· Must be available on occasion to work evening, early morning, or weekend hours to address bee health and logistics needs.
· No specific educational credentials required.
· Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
· Must possess valid drivers license.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Abilities
· Proficiency driving forklifts and large trucks.
· Prior experience working in the agricultural sector.
· Bee stings are an unavoidable hazard of this job.
· Exposure seasonally to cold and hot outdoor weather.
· Electric fences, heavy machinery, and vehicles are all common features of job sites and should be approached with caution.
Pay: $11.00 to $14.00/hour depending on experience + seasonal profit-sharing bonus.
To.Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. State that you are applying to the Beekeeper position.