Reports To: Business Director
Summary: he Harvest Assistant will assist in all aspects of beekeeping operations during the summer harvest season, with most of the Assistant's time spent helping to operate the extraction line.
· Collect full honey supers from hives.
· Dispense feed and treatment to hives as directed.
· Operate extraction line equipment as directed.
· Scratch capped cells missed by uncapper on frames in the extraction line.
· Assemble brood chambers and honey supers from provided parts.
· Scrape out and repair previously used brood chambers and honey supers.
· Load hives in trucks or trailers for transport of hives to new bee yards.
· Provide general care and maintenance of bee hives and bee yards.
· Perform other miscellaneous tasks as necessary.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs to chest height repeatedly.
· Must be able to traverse over uneven ground carrying equipment.
· Must be able to inspect beehives from all angles.
· Must be able to work outdoors and in uninsulated warehouse year-round.
· No specific educational credentials required.
· Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
· Must possess valid drivers license.
Additional Desired Experience, Skills, & Abilities
· Proficiency driving forklifts and large trucks.
· Prior experience working in the agricultural sector.
· Familiarity with maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment.
· Occasional bee stings are an unavoidable hazard of this job.
· Exposure seasonally to cold and hot outdoor weather.
· Electric fences, heavy machinery, and vehicles are all common features of job sites and should be approached with caution.
Timeframe: July 9, 2018 - August 11, 2018.
Pay: $11.00/hour + $200 bonus on successful completion of season.
To.Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. State that you are applying to the Harvest Assistant position.